Last modified: May 1, 2019
At PADutchRegion.com (Our Site) we believe in the potential of shared experiences to transform lives and uncover understanding about ADHD. Because this may involve you sharing personal information about we also believe in the importance of clear and transparent privacy guidelines. As a user it’s important you know how we use and share your data and how you can control what happens to information you share on Our Site.
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1. Important Information and Who We Are
Purpose of This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how PADutchRegion.com (Our Site) collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice may be provided on specific occasions when we collect or process personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
PADutchRegion.com has appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below or by using the form available online at https://padutchregion.com/contact and choosing “webmaster” as the contact.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice and Your Duty to Inform Us of Changes
This version was last updated on May 1, 2019
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The Data We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, comments you have made on the site, feedback and survey
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you access to certain parts of Our Site). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- participate in a contest on Our Site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you consent to
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us through the website listed at the end of this document
Communications with you
By participating in a contest or submitting a story to Our Site you agree that we may provide you with information about Our Site (whether by email or any other medium) that we consider appropriate. You may opt-out of receiving these materials and notifications by contacting us through the website listed at the end of this document.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We will process your personal data only where there is a lawful basis to do so, specifically:
- where we need to perform the contract with you, including:
- opening a member account with you and your use of our service;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, including:
- complying with any applicable regulatory requirements in terms of anti-money laundering rules;
- undertaking conflict of interest checks; or
- data protection rules;
- where you have consented to the particular use of your data, including:
- sending you marketing emails;
- taking part in surveys
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us through the website listed at the end of this document if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
Promotional Offers from Us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the PADutchRegion.com for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the appropriate website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us through the website listed at the end of this document at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of service experience or other transactions.
If you want to learn about how to control cookies, you can find instructions for your particular system here: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2.
PADutchRegion.com uses third party analytics services including Google Analytics to collect aggregated data to help us understand how our site is being used, and how we can improve based on these statistics. You can opt out of these cookies following the instructions here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
When you share information on the site with other social networks, their cookies will record that you have done so. If you would like to disable this, you need to disabled cookies from their sites. Sometimes, YouTube videos are posted on the site. If you view these posts your preferences for YouTube are recorded and stored.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us through the website listed at the end of this document.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our There may be circumstances where we are required by law to make a disclosure of your personal data to certain authorities (for example, where information is provided that suggests an ongoing or potential threat against a child or vulnerable person). We may seek to notify you first where such a disclosure of your personal data is going to be made unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
In order to register with us and become an account holder, you will be invited to provide a password, a user name and an email. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You will never be required to reveal your full password to any representative of PADutchRegion.com. If you forget your password, we may ask you to answer a specific question such as your username, date of birth or postcode.
Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to contact us through the website listed at the end of this document immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for loss or damage incurred by us or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder. If you think that someone else has access to your password you should change it immediately.
None of your personally identifiable information (i.e. email address, postcode/zip code, date of birth) is ever visible to other users or third parties without your explicit consent. We encourage you to choose a non-identifiable username as this is visible to other users.
If you choose to use a username that may identify you, then certain information you choose to post may be identified as your data. This may also happen if you upload a photo of yourself, or a likeness of yourself, as a profile picture. Prior to posting any photo or likeness of you, choosing a username that may identify you, and/or post other information that may identify you, you should carefully consider whether you:
- wish to be identifiable on Our Site; and
- want to post information that may be capable of being linked to
When you do, and you also make available Special Categories of data about yourself you will be deemed as having made that data manifestly public.
PADutchRegion.com provides industry standard security across all of our platform and complies with health IT standards. We have secure connections (HTTPS) with 2048 bit encryption certificates across all the areas. Our services are hosted on third party servers. We have contracts in place with our third party service providers which require them to implement security measures to protect the data they hold and the current security provisions in place are described above.
7. Data Retention
For How Long Will You Use My Personal Data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Generally, once an account has been closed we will process your data only for limited purposes, and would generally look to delete or anonymize data on inactive accounts after 7 years.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us through the website listed at the end of this document. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
8. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal
- Request correction of your personal
- Request erasure of your personal
- Object to processing of your personal
- Request restriction of processing your personal
- Request transfer of your personal
- Right to withdraw
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us through the website listed at the end of this document.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
What We May Need from You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us through the website listed at the end of this document.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Internal Third Parties
Other companies in the PADutchRegion.com provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
External third parties
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.